Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake Muffins


I swear every food has it's own day. I found out a new idea of this muffins. I used the real lemons. My parents have a lemon tree growing in the backyard that is overflowing with ripe lemons right now. The last time I came over, my dad tried to hand me a grocery bag full of lemons to take. So I settle with six.


Ingredients

1 package Krusteaz Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix
1/3 cup milk or water
2 eggs
1/3 cup greek yogurt
zest of 1 large lemon
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 can blueberries, drained and rinsed (enclosed)

Topping

3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, cold

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

2. For coffee cake: in medium bowl, blend together muffin mix, mlik or water, eggs, zest and lemon juice. Fold in blueberries. Spoon batter into 12 lined muffin pan.

3. For topping: in small bowl, mix together brown sugar and flour. Cut in butter with fork or pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over batter.

4. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment